Letting your property
Exactly as in selling your property, an estate agent’s job is to deal with lettings in the same professional and efficient manner that leaves nothing to chance. At Knights Residential we want to ensure that you receive the very best service and ensure that the whole process is achieved and completed in the smoothest possible manner.
1. Selecting an estate agenthat’s the easy, but very important, part! Contact us and we will advise and lead you through the whole process from start to finish.
2. Obtaining a lettings valuationIt is most important that you have your property valued so you can get a clear understanding of your options and whether or not letting your property is financially viable. Your aim should be to let your property at the best possible price, in the shortest possible time and to the right tenants. To obtain a free valuation, simply call us on 0208 885 6800 or just complete the property valuation request form*
3. Preparing your property for tenancyFirst impressions count and the presentation of your property is critical to a successful let. Consider addressing any repairs or improvements that you have been meaning to get done; add a fresh coat of paint where necessary and try to declutter to make rooms appear brighter and larger.
- Long term tenancies (6 months or more)
- Short term tenancies (up to 6 months)
4. Marketing your propertyTo find the right tenant you need to give your property maximum exposure across a wide range of media platforms. When you instruct Knights Residential to let your property we will ensure that our comprehensive marketing package is far-reaching through all our many methods and outlets.
5. ViewingsOur offices are open from 9am to 6pm, Monday to Friday, and 10am to 4pm on Saturdays. Our longer opening and contact hours are essential to maximise viewing opportunities for your property; Accompanied viewings also mean that we can use all our expertise to help let your property faster.
6. Receiving an offerWe will let you know as soon as we have received an offer from a potential tenant and full details of any requirements they may have to help you decide whether or not you want to accept.
7. Offer agreedOnce you have accepted an offer we will:
- Collect references from the tenants
- Arrange signing of the Tenancy Agreement
- Collect moving-in payment – rent and deposit
- Complete a full photographic inventory
- All monies protected via CMP.
- Organise a Gas Safety Inspection
- Arrange for professional cleaning of your property
8. Completion and moving-inUpon completion, keys will be released to the tenant on moving-in day. For managed properties we will provide the tenant with details of the property management team.
Would you like to have your property expertly managed?
Please note that Knights Residential also offer a prime service in property management, so should you be considering this, to remove all the stress and strain and free up your valuable time, then simply call us on 0208 885 6800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will guide you thorough the whole process.